The Rest of My Life...
06/26/2020
This would be the first day of said title...pretty disingenuous...if anything, this was the day that I learnt to spell "disingenuous" correctly...as well as "revelings"...and the first day of this blog...which I am sure will remain in obscurity until someone searches for some dissenting information to be linked to me and to be used against me. So is life in the beginning of the third decade of the twenty first century.
This will be a rambling, no real structure - I believe that is the way a "blog" is to be planned out and constructed. I will try to deliver.
A whole bucket, or wheelbarrow, or tractor trailer of concerns are crashing through my head as of late. It does make it a bit difficult to attend to the mundane and rudimentary things of ordinary life or even the usual catastrophic surprises that would be elevated to a normal level on a regular basis. However, we seem to be overwhelmed by meaningless head-shots to normal thinking by an entity that has vastly ingrained itself into every aspect of our lives.
It can make oneself depressed.
Nonetheless.
History is an interesting thing. I would have to say that I definitely do not know enough about it, so I am more than likely doomed to repeat it. I must say that I am probably at less risk than the majority of the population or at least the ones that are getting the majority of the attention these days.
History is the narrative or the study of events of the past. It falls out on a line from the beginning to the end. The beginning and the end are the endpoints of a line that is inhabited by this dimension of time. Time always moves in the positive direction, always incrementing forward, always accumulating, toward the endpoint of the line called "the end". There is a multiplicity of events that fall on that timeline in chronological order. Each moment of measurable time contains a plethora of events, but not all the events get recorded for the narrative. Nevertheless, it tells a story. And somewhere further along that line is the culmination of the events and the end of that story... and the story.
The interesting thing about future history is that the making of it is the hands of us its participants and contributors in the current moment.
I have no doubt that the contributors of this future history will through their volition create the worst possible story through the selection of the worst possible events in order to pave the road ahead with a distressing amount of twists, turns, potholes, dead-ends and obstructions.
Stop the world, I would like to get off.
No comments:
Post a Comment